W.C.A.Y., Inc. provides a secure, comfortable living environment that promotes a healthy, goal-oriented, and upbeat lifestyle. In addition, we offer or arrange for substance abuse prevention and/or treatment, mental health counseling, trauma-focused therapies, social skill development, competency training, and crisis support. These and other behavioral supports are designed to help individuals achieve goals, promote independence, and encourage community engagement. developmental disabilities
Los Angeles Area
• A comfortable living environment that reflects the lifestyle and daily goals of those in the larger community.
• Encourage healthy habits; both physically and mentally.
• Achieve desired outcomes specified in the Regional Centers Individual Program Plan.
• For individuals whose goal is to live independently, W.C.A.Y., Inc. provides development for the necessary daily skills needed to function independently. Some of these skills involve self-care, housekeeping, and meal preparation.
• Engaging in hobbies helps us encourage participation in social and recreational activities within the community as well as eliminate the need to associate with individuals who have negative influences.
• Educate consumers on effective communication, problem solving, and relationship building.
• Through support and professional counseling, we assist our consumers practicing the skills necessary to identify and cope with mental health or forensic and drug abuse related concerns.
I see the staff as family for life.
I'm now a man.
I'm now responsible.
I wouldn't have made this much progress if it wasn't for W.C.A.Y.